Guys, I’m so sad that the DC Trifecta has decided to end their Friday Five Linkup. But! Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy have started a Friday Five Linkup too! So I’m linking up with them this week, and the theme is free choice! After my race last Saturday, I hung up another medal from the Baltimore Half Marathon.Which made me think about all of my Baltimore Half medals.
Which made me think about what are my favorite medals from my 6 years of running. And here they are, in no particular order!
- Baltimore Half Marathon 2014. Guys, the medals can open beer. Mic drop.
- Baltimore Half Marathon 2016. It’s shaped like a crab and flips down! “Run 13.1” on the outside, Baltimore skyline on the inside.
- Marine Corps Marathon 2012. My first marathon. And guys, the globe part spins! Marine Corps Marathon also gives away a long sleeve mock-turtleneck shirt while I like to nap in, and a patch.
- Anthem Richmond Marathon 2014. The blue lines represent the river and they are actually transparent! I also love the fall leaves. And this race was my marathon PR of 4:30:35. I love this race- great crowd support, nice course. Hopefully I’ll see you all there this year!
- The Woodrow Wilson Half Marathon 2010. My very first race. The medal shows part of The Awakening sculpture with the Wilson Bridge. I will never forget the friends who talked me into starting to run by training for this race, the conversations, that summer, and this race.
What’s your favorite race medal?