My friend Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC links up with two other bloggers on Fridays for a themed link up. Great idea! Today I’m linking up for the Friday Five with Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia. Make sure you check out their awesome blogs as well as those who join the link up.
Here’s my version- first Friday is fitness week! And since it’s June now, why not talk about running in the summer? If you know me, you know that I actually like running the winter, but summer has some really good things going for it.
5 Good Things About Summer Running
- Sunshine! 5:30-6am runs are so much better when it’s light out. Same goes for the 8pm runs. Just don’t forget your sunscreen.
- New friends! For many people in the DC area, summer is the time to get serious about the new goal, new race, and maybe first-time marathon. All of this equals new friends at running group (I run with Arlington Road Runners Club), at the track, or in your neighborhood.
- Cold showers/baths actually feel good. When it’s 85 degrees outside, the icy cold is welcome.
- Post-run farmer’s markets and all the summer produce. It actually feels refreshing to walk through a market post-run and pick out produce for the week.
- You will be ready for unexpectedly warm races in the fall, because you’ve trained through the heat (and possibly humidity) of the summer. So you’re mentally and physically ready for it.