Race season is here! Good luck this weekend to everyone running the Chicago Marathon! As I get ready for my fall races, I was thinking about what goes through my head every single race that I run, regardless of the distance.
5 Race-Day Thoughts
- Oh my gosh, this is so exciting, I’m ready for this thing to start!
- This feels awesome to finally get going but why is everyone so pushy?
- I got my groove on and can go all day- what an awesome sign! High-fives for everyone!
- I want to die. Or just stop and take a nap right here. Why are people smiling? Don’t they know this is terrible? Why did I sign up for this?
- The finish- I can see the finish! I made it!
Bonus: Hmmmm, that wasn’t so bad, I could do that again.
What thoughts go through your head on race day?